Tuesday 30 August 2011

SNSD's Tiffany's thoughts on her Musical Debut "Fame"


At the press conference held on the 30th of August,Tiffany revealed, “While the other members of Girls' Generation were doing their musicals I was also steadily practising my acting and singing”

Tiffany is the third Girls’ Generation member after Taeyeon and Jessica to participate in a musical. Her role in the upcoming musical "Fame", is a rebellious girl with a burning passion to become a star called Carmen Diaz.

Tiffany also shared with everyone, “Luckily I came upon a role that I have confidence in. If I encounter any difficulty, I can ask for advice from my friends who have already debuted in musicals. Something I have in common with my character is that in America I had dreams of becoming a singer so I came to Korea, and after going through my training period, I debuted. During my trainee days I had that passion and I think it will be easy to express the person that I was not too long ago. We have similarities and we have differences too so I must work hard at that to fulfill the role."

Tiffany stated that she is preparing a lot for her first musical challenge and said, “As of now I can’t explain how I will perform, but I’m studying the movie closely and watching the musical again. I am continually practicing the script and music. I want to act naturally so that the audience will be able to sympathize with the character.”

Based on the 1980 film of the same name, the musical, "Fame", premiered in 1988 and has had productions all over the world. The musical was first introduced to Korea in 2005. This is a teen musical that takes place in La Guardia, an Arts school in New York, and it shows the dreams and sorrows of aspiring artists who have wishes of becoming stars.

Watch the video of Tiffany at the press conference below!

No comments:

Post a Comment